[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers differently

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Jan 16 11:42:47 CST 2014

#1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers
differently
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  sbrandt
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by sbrandt):

 After digging in to this deeper, it seems the real problem is that Piraha
 integration was incomplete. Util_ExpressionEvaluate() is still used when
 expressions are set internally.

 On line 10, you see Piraha's conversion for "010" which is 10.

 On line 32, you see the old method's conversion for "010" which is 8.

 I think what I should do is replace Util_ExpressionEvaluate.

 Just to be sure, however, the value we want from "010" is 10, right?

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1518#comment:5>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>