[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers differently

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Thu Jan 16 13:31:59 CST 2014

#1518: Parameter parser and CCTK_ParameterSet interpret leading zeros in numbers
differently
  Reporter:  rhaas   |       Owner:  sbrandt
      Type:  defect  |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Cactus  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:          |    Keywords:

Comment (by knarf):

 If I understood it correctly, the current (old) Cactus behavior is to
 evaluate 010 as octal number. I don't mind one way or another for octal
 numbers. I cannot think of a reason to use them, other than maybe some
 unix rights mask, but then we could have some other solution for that.

 Hexadecimal numbers might be another matter, these are more commonly used
 in general.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1518#comment:6>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>