[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1751: [Pull request: CactusUtils/WatchDog] new thorn to automatically terminate jobs that hang

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Sat Mar 21 15:00:55 CDT 2015

#1751: [Pull request: CactusUtils/WatchDog] new thorn to automatically terminate
jobs that hang
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------
  Reporter:  dradice@…              |       Owner:  dradice@…
      Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  reviewed_ok
 Component:  EinsteinToolkit thorn  |     Version:  development version
Resolution:                         |    Keywords:
------------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Comment (by dradice@…):

 I am happy with the code as it is now in the pull request, with maybe the
 exception of the check for CCTK_PTHREADS that fails for no good reason on
 my Mac, but works everywhere else.

 In its current form the WatchDog thorn has been "tested" successfully on
 BlueWaters and Stampede with jobs hanging for different reasons (I/O on
 BlueWaters and MPI on Stampede).

 As for the license: I used GPLv3 because that is my default, but for a
 piece of code as trivial as the WatchDog thorn, any license would be fine
 for me. Including "public domain".

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1751#comment:11>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>