[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1894: EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures segfaults and miscalcs with SP, maybe DP too.

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri May 20 09:53:16 CDT 2016

#1894: EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures segfaults and miscalcs with SP, maybe DP
too.
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  koppel@…            |       Owner:
      Type:  defect              |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Other               |     Version:  development version
Resolution:                      |    Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
Changes (by rhaas):

  * status:  review => reopened

Comment:

 Looks mostly ok to me. Minor issues that should be addressed:

 * layout of whitespace in the clamp routine should mimic what
 TwoPunctures' other code uses
 * I would rename the routine clamptoone to make it clear to which range it
 clamps
 * I would add a comment to the clamp on tan() stating that yes indeed the
 result of this compuation (ie B) is expected to be in the range of [-1,1]
 which tan is not normally guaranteed to be

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1894#comment:2>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>