[ET Trac] [Einstein Toolkit] #1894: EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures segfaults and miscalcs with SP, maybe DP too.

Einstein Toolkit trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Fri May 20 10:36:29 CDT 2016

#1894: EinsteinInitialData/TwoPunctures segfaults and miscalcs with SP, maybe DP
too.
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
  Reporter:  koppel@…            |       Owner:
      Type:  defect              |      Status:  reopened
 Component:  Other               |     Version:  development version
Resolution:                      |    Keywords:
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Comment (by koppel@…):

 I've addressed the comments and updated the patch.

  clamp -> clamp_pm_one.
  I've also harmonized the formatting with surrounding code.

  I've added comments explaining why B should be in [-1,1].

  And, just to be safe I added assertions checking for NaNs to
  PunctTaylorExpandAtArbitPosition and also to
  PunctEvalAtArbitPositionFast since there are several functions,
  including square roots, that might cause trouble.

--
Ticket URL: <https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/1894#comment:3>
Einstein Toolkit <http://einsteintoolkit.org>