[ET Trac] #2483: Simfactory job parameters are not consistent

Steven R. Brandt trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Jan 18 13:29:47 CST 2022

#2483: Simfactory job parameters are not consistent

 Reporter: Steven R. Brandt
Component: SimFactory

Comment (by Steven R. Brandt):

“--total-threads” is just a new name for the number of parallel thingies, which aren’t really “cores” and aren’t really “procs.”

As for “--nodes” and “--node-procs” it offers a way to directly specify how you want mpi to do, rather than doing a calucation based on cores/procs/total-threads. I suspect I’m not the only one who would find that more convenient.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2483/simfactory-job-parameters-are-not