[ET Trac] #2483: Simfactory job parameters are not consistent

Roland Haas trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Tue Jan 18 13:21:40 CST 2022

#2483: Simfactory job parameters are not consistent

 Reporter: Steven R. Brandt
Component: SimFactory

Comment (by Roland Haas):

I suspect that `--total-threads` will still require smt information since `--total-threads = --procs * --num-threads` so there is no extra information available. The smt stuff is really used for the queuing system since those sometimes need  to know whether the code uses smt or not \(since they want a ppn like value and that differs between smt and non-smt\).

I am not trying to suggest nodes and nodes procs, no. I am suggesting to use the names items used by `mpirun` which is “number of MPI ranks” and OS threads \(`OMP_NUM_THREADS`\). smt will still be required \(same reason as for `--total-threads`\). Ie re-use names and nomenclature that people who are using a cluster are already familiar with.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2483/simfactory-job-parameters-are-not