[ET Trac] #2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit

Samuel Cupp trac-noreply at einsteintoolkit.org
Wed Sep 27 16:15:27 CDT 2023

#2747: Inclusion of sgrid importer in Einstein Toolkit

 Reporter: Samuel Cupp
Component: EinsteinToolkit thorn

Comment (by Samuel Cupp):

This means adding the thorns to the `einsteintoolkit.th` in the master branch of the manifest \([link](https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/manifest/src/master/einsteintoolkit.th)\). As long as the thorns are in a publicly accessible repo, it should be fine. Note that we usually make branches and tags for every single release on these repositories \(see, for example, the plethora of `ET_YYYY_MM` branches in [wvuthorns](https://bitbucket.org/zach_etienne/wvuthorns/src/master/)\). This either means giving the ET maintainers permission to create branches in the repository \(and possibly letting any future release managers/maintainers have access\) or be willing to create these branches and tags on behalf of the ET. Generally, letting at least a few of the senior maintainers have commit access will help ensure smooth future releases in case people get sick or something at the same time as a release.

So right now, the most important thing is making sure we put in the correct information. Based on what is in the linked git repo, it is

```
!TARGET   = $ARR
!TYPE     = git
!URL      = https://github.com/wofti/CactusSgrid.git
!REPO_PATH = ..
!CHECKOUT =
CactusSgrid/DNSdata
```

If that’s all we need to add, then I can do that today.

@{634afd8853df3c01232121fd} what does the `$2` that most thorns use mean for repo\_path? I ask because I don’t know if the `..` in the above is what GetComponents normally expects or not.

--
Ticket URL: https://bitbucket.org/einsteintoolkit/tickets/issues/2747/inclusion-of-sgrid-importer-in-einstein