[Users] Completing GetComponents' transition to GitHub

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Dec 2 08:45:49 CST 2010

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 02, 2010 at 08:25:12AM -0500, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> I think GetComponents
> should be handled in the same way, and would omit the symlink.

I wouldn't know how to do that without just coping GetComponents and not
having it in a repository.

> What
> may be a good idea is to introduce a "bin" directory in the Cactus
> source tree and put copies/links of all the tools there.

I agree with that. It would be kind of strange to have both bin/ and exe/
(I don't like the name exe/ so much anyway), but I think we could live
with that.

> Who has write permission to the github repository? It is always good
> if one or two external people (i.e. Einstein Toolkit maintainers that
> are not the main tool developers) have write permission as well in
> cases of emergency.

I think I should have, but never tried. Eric should probably also give
you, and a couple of other maintainers access - but I guess he needs to
know your github id for that.

> > 2. Deleting the svn version of GetComponents in utils/Scripts.

I would not delete it. At the very least I would replace it with a
script which prints a message pointing to the new location.

Frank