[Users] Completing GetComponents' transition to GitHub

Eric Seidel eric at eseidel.org
Sat Dec 4 11:26:01 CST 2010

Erik Schnetter wrote:
> Ah, I think I misunderstood. I thought you wanted to have a link to
> the GetComponents script itself in the Cactus directory. Yes, a link
> to the CRL directory makes sense; this is the "standard" way we handle
> git repositories at the moment.
So I just looked into this, and it seems that GetComponents is not
currently equipped to symlink an entire git repo. This is a silly
oversight on my part; I can fix it, but that would require another patch
to GetComponents. Another possibility would be to create the 'bin'
directory and link GetComponents into bin. Then users could call
'./bin/GetComponents' or possibly './bin/CRL/GetComponents', the latter
would allow for documentation to be linked as well.
> You could create a new project. Better now than later...
> "GetComponents" is a rather specific name and limits the scope of the
> project.
It is easier to just change the name of the project to CRL. This would
change the URL to http://github.com/gridaphobe/CRL. If I do this it
would probably make sense to change the URL on my website as well;
however, I know that ET and possibly cactuscode.org link to my website.
Are there any other pages that link to it?

Eric