[Users] [Patch] allow direct calls to the Periodic thorn back-bone

David Radice david.radice at aei.mpg.de
Sat Dec 18 03:08:12 CST 2010

Erik,

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 14:58 -0600, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> This is a good idea. How did you test this change? Did you try a
> particular test case, or a certain parameter file that uses periodic
> boundary conditions?

actually I tested it with my private thorn for hydro boundary conditions
(with and without direct calls to the low-level interface and with the
new and the old versions)... I guess that a similar test could be
performed using the wavetoy, but I didn't try it...

In any case the patch doesn't touch the core of the thorn: it just moves
a couple of things around... so I don't expect it to cause problems.

Cheers,
David

--
David Radice
Max Planck Institute for Gravitational Physics

Tel    : +49 331 567 7242
Fax    : +49 331 567 7499
Room   : 1.64
E-Mail : david.radice at aei.mpg.de