[Users] [Patch] allow direct calls to the Periodic thorn back-bone

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sat Dec 18 16:07:30 CST 2010

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 3:08 AM, David Radice <david.radice at aei.mpg.de> wrote:
> Erik,
>
> On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 14:58 -0600, Erik Schnetter wrote:
>> This is a good idea. How did you test this change? Did you try a
>> particular test case, or a certain parameter file that uses periodic
>> boundary conditions?
>
> actually I tested it with my private thorn for hydro boundary conditions
> (with and without direct calls to the low-level interface and with the
> new and the old versions)... I guess that a similar test could be
> performed using the wavetoy, but I didn't try it...
>
> In any case the patch doesn't touch the core of the thorn: it just moves
> a couple of things around... so I don't expect it to cause problems.

Famous last words...

I think the only test case with periodic boundaries that we have is in
thorn ML_BSSN_Test, and I don't know whether it currently works
because there were some interactions with the way boundary conditions
are handled in Kranc.

Let's apply your patch.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/