[Users] GRHydro: NaN checks

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Sun Jul 18 13:51:59 CDT 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 1:38 PM, Christian D. Ott
<cott at tapir.caltech.edu> wrote:

> RE: GRHydro
>
> All,
>
> I would like to remove a bunch of NaN checks in Eigenproblem,
> Marquina, Roe, Prim2Con, and Con2Prim that somebody put in for
> debugging purposes (to track down a problem) and that are detrimental
> to performance (I ran tests with and without them active).
>
> If a NaN appears, the code will still fail and standard debugging
> techniques can be applied to track it down. No need to have these
> permanently in the source code.
>
> Any objections?

If these checks are useful for debugging, can we keep them
conditionally?  Ideally there would be a parameter that enables them;
if this is still too slow, then an #ifdef GRHYDRO_DEBUG would be an
option.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/