[Users] simfactory: adding new machine?

Bernard Kelly bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Wed Jul 28 12:15:21 CDT 2010

Hi all.

I'm trying out einsteintoolkit + simfactory on a non-standard machine,
and am failing rather quickly. I followed the simfactory tutorial advice:

https://svn.cct.lsu.edu/repos/numrel/simfactory/tutorial/index.html

... which said to edit the section of udb.pm entitled "Customize your
local machine here". Since this heading no longer appears, I imagine the
tutorial is slightly out of date. Anyway, changing "Options for new
machines" along these lines doesn't seem to work -- if I run ./sim, I
get the following error message:

------------------------
Uncaught exception from user code:
Wile setting user option [discover][nickname]="discover": Machine
"discover" does not exist at udb.pm line 123.

What's the proper method for adding a new machine? Do I actually have to
add to the "mdb.pm" file?

Thanks,

Bernard

Bernard J. Kelly

NASA Goddard Space Flight Center, Code 663
8800 Greenbelt Road
Greenbelt, MD 20771, U.S.A.

phone: +1 (301) 286-7243