[Users] simfactory: adding new machine?

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jul 28 13:06:19 CDT 2010

On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 01:15:21PM -0400, Bernard Kelly wrote:
> ... which said to edit the section of udb.pm entitled "Customize your
> local machine here". Since this heading no longer appears, I imagine the
> tutorial is slightly out of date.

Yes, there is however a section in udb.example.pm:

# Add a new entry to the machine database
my $udb_generic = {

Which is later used for an example:

    # Add a new machine based on the generic template.  My machine is
    # called Redshift; yours will have a different name.
    $mdb::machine_database{'redshift'} = $udb_generic;

I would either change this udb_generic, or copy and rename it and use it
as the generic one is used for 'redshift'.

Frank