[Users] new CarpetIOASCII/src/util/Carpet2ygraph.pl

Bruno Giacomazzo bgiacoma at astro.umd.edu
Thu Aug 11 09:55:47 CDT 2011

Hi,
 	I was trying to use the script
CarpetIOASCII/src/util/Carpet2ygraph.pl (it is the same both in the git
and hg versions of Carpet), but it was not working. I modified it in order
to be able again to produce different output for the different refinement
levels and now it can also work with more than 9 refinement levels. I have
attached my version and the diff with the version in the repository.

 	The only problem is that it still doesn't know how to remove ghost
points, so the output files may contain duplicated points. Im my parfile
I'm using CarpetIOASCII::out3D_ghosts = "no" and consequently I don't have
any problem. But if you have ghostpoints in your .asc files, you may see
duplicated points in the output produced by the script. Any suggestion is
appreciated.

Cheers,
Bruno

Dr. Bruno Giacomazzo
Department of Astronomy
University of Maryland
College Park
MD 20742-2421
USA

Tel.  : +1 301 405 0676
Fax  : +1 301 314 9067
Tel.  : +1 301 286 3809 (NASA/GSFC)
Fax  : +1 301 286 7230 (NASA/GSFC)
email : bgiacoma at astro.umd.edu
web: http://www.brunogiacomazzo.org

Those who understand binary, and those who don't