[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:54:50 CDT 2011

Meeting minutes:

Present were: Frank, Roland, Tanja, Josh, Bruno, Yosef, Erik

ET release:
* no new reported issues with Carpet/Hg and simfactory/python
* CCE thorns (to be uodated with the missing SphericalHarmonicDecomp
thorn today) have been moved into ET, thorns are in their final location
* will incorporate CCE thornlist once all servers (McLachlan) are up
again and the thornlist can be tested

Fall workshop:
* dates (in meeting minutes from 8/8 and soon on wiki): Oct. 31st to
Nov. 3rd noon to noon.
* topics will be MHD
** constraint transport
** radiation transport
** EOS
* Infrastructure development
** improved scheduling (dependency based scheduling)
** GPGPU in Cactus

Spring workshop:
* target group: potential new users
* have school on numerical relativity rather than code introduction only
* timeframe: 3 intense days to accommodate grad students (classes, money)
* initial schedule proposal to be decided in small group (the one with
registered interest). Comments are welcome.

ET paper:
* some progress
* TOV data is in
* BBH waveform convergence is much higher than expected (8th order
rather than 4th order). Investigate with extra runs at intermediate
resolutions