[Users] update new user guide for non-TeraGrid/XSEDE users?

Friesen, Brian friesen at ou.edu
Tue Aug 23 12:45:51 CDT 2011

Hi. I'm new to Cactus, the Einstein Toolkit, and mailing lists in general. Hope this works...

Are there plans at some point to update/append the Tutorial for New Users to make it more general than just for TeraGrid/XSEDE users? At the UC-HIPACC school at LBL Erik showed us how to build/run on Hopper at NERSC (I'm a regular NERSC user so this was very helpfu), and the steps were considerably different. Unfortunately I didn't write down what we did and so am now a bit stuck. So Erik, if you're reading this, could you look through your shell history and maybe dig up the commands you used? :-P

I'm trying to figure out how to do it again right now, and if I have any success would be more than happy to contribute to the tutorial.

--
Brian C. Friesen
Graduate Research Assistant
friesen at ou.edu