[Users] easy question

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Wed Aug 24 16:00:56 CDT 2011

Hello Steve,

> I was wondering if there a way to do something like this (I'm making up
> the function names, I don't know if there are real ones)
>
> for(int n=0;n<CCTK_Max_Variable_Index(cctkGH);n++) {
>      CCTK_REAL *gf = CCTK_LookupCCTKRealGF(n);
>      for(int i=....
>          for(int j=...
>              for(int k=...
>                  gf[CCTK_GFINDEX3D(cctkGH, i, j, k)] = 0
> }
There is CCTK_NumVars, CCTK_NumTimeLevelsVI, CCTK_VarDataPtrI to get the
number of Cactus variables, the number of timelevels for a variable, and
the pointer to the data of this variable. Information on the type of the
variable (GF, scalar, CCTK_REAL, CCTK_INT) is likely somehwere in
GroupTypeFromVarI and CCTK_GroupData though those I have not used myself.