[Users] highest output frequency for CarpetIOBasic?

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Thu Dec 1 10:34:59 CST 2011

Bernard

In Carpet, you specify how time iterations are counted via the
"max_refinement_levels". Whether these finest iterations exist depends
on how many levels you allocate. This ensures that each iteration
corresponds to the same dt.

The fact that your iteration step size is 2 doesn't matter. If you
want, you can reduce max_refinement_levels by one to change how
iterations are counted; the physics results should remain identical.

-erik

On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 11:00 AM, Kelly, Bernard J.
(GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/