[Users] CarpetIOScalar: avoiding "reductions" for scalar variables

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Jan 5 14:56:43 CST 2011

Bernard

CarpetIOScalar is for outputting reduction results; this does not
really apply to scalar variables. You can output scalar variables
without reduction using CarpetIOASCII; this is called "0D" output
there since scalars are 0-dimensional grid variables (this is also how
they are implemented internally).

out0D_vars = "..."
out0D_every = ...

You can also use 0D output to output multi-dimensional grid variables
at a certain point, e.g. the origin.

-erik

On Wed, Jan 5, 2011 at 7:28 PM, Kelly, Bernard J.
(GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY]

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/