[Users] Scheduling problem in ML_ADMConstraints

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Sat Jul 16 12:34:27 CDT 2011

On 16 Jul 2011, at 14:42, Barry Wardell wrote:

> On Sat, Jul 16, 2011 at 4:39 AM, Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu> wrote:
> I notice that ML_ADMConstraints is not quite scheduled correctly. It
> is scheduled with the line
>
> schedule group ML_ADMConstraints_group in MoL_PseudoEvolution
>
> which lacks an "after MoL_PostStep", since the ADM variables are
> calculated in MoL_PostStep. However, this line is auto-generated by
> Kranc -- is there a good way to add this "after" modifier?
>
> One work-around would be to schedule an empty group (or a trivial
> routine) in between these two, ensuring their correct order.
>
> I recently encountered a similar difficulty. I wanted Kranc to take care of which groups to schedule my calculation in, but also wanted to ensure that it happened after another calculation. I didn't find a solution yet, but given that there are at least two cases where this would be useful I think adding something to Kranc would be favorable over a case-by-case work-around.

I've added Before and After options to calculations which are supposed to contain strings.  Update to the latest Kranc to get this.  These will be added as " before ... " and " after ... " to the schedule point that is used, both in the manual and automatic cases.  This functionality used to be there a long time ago, when all scheduling was manual - I'm not sure why it was removed.  However, I ran into a problem with McLachlan.  There is some hacky code in the Makefile:

	perl -pi -e 's/MoL_PostStep/MoL_PseudoEvolution/g' ML_ADMQuantities*/schedule.ccl

What is this for, and can it be removed?  Since I want to schedule after MoL_PostStep, this code is obviously causing problems!

ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de