[Users] Grid placement utility?

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Jun 13 13:32:30 CDT 2011

Hello Frank,

> On Mon, Jun 13, 2011 at 09:23:50AM -0700, Scott Hawley wrote:
>> Just curious: Has anyone developed a user-friendly utility for placing
>> refined grids for Carpet?
>
> It depends what you want. There is afaik no gui. A lot of people use
> CarpetRegrid2, which allows to specify a number of points around which
> you want to have a certain number of refinement level of a given size. I
> believe those parameters are steerable, so that you can adapt this to
> your specific needs on the go.
To avoid confusion:
CarpetRegrid2's parameters are not steerable (to my best knowledge).
Instead you have to change grid scalars (see CarpetRegrid2's
interface.ccl) during evolution to move the boxes around. The toolkit
has thorns for this (CarpetTracker in combination with NSTracker or
PunctureTracker). CarpetRegrid's parameters were steerable however.

See http://lists.einsteintoolkit.org/pipermail/users/2011-May/001021.html