[Users] EOS_Omni readtable.f90

Bruno Coutinho Mundim bcmsma at astro.rit.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:01:43 CST 2011

Hi Maria:

Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
> Hello
>
>  I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2.
> If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error:
> Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [HDF5]
>   use hdf5
> ------^
Either your externally installed hdf5 library wasn't compiled to enable
fortran or its path wasn't properly set in your config file. In my
system this module is at:

/opt/hdf5-1.8.5/include

so I set in my config file the following (if I don't want to build the
library):

HDF5=yes
HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5

> If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors:
> /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_':
> /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_'
> Do I need extra flags?

Did  you start with a clean config setting to build the hdf5 library?
Like the following:

#HDF5=yes
#HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
HDF5_DIR=BUILD

If you don't set it to BUILD and your external library is installed in
the usual paths such as /usr/local, etc... then it won't build your
library. So it is important that you force it to build by setting
HDF5_DIR=BUILD and start from a clean config.

I hope it helps a bit.

Cheers,
Bruno.