[Users] EOS_Omni readtable.f90

Erik Schnetter schnetter at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:07:40 CST 2011

On Wed, Mar 2, 2011 at 5:01 PM, Bruno Coutinho Mundim
<bcmsma at astro.rit.edu> wrote:
> Hi Maria:
>
> Babiuc-Hamilton, Maria wrote:
>> Hello
>>
>>  I have problems compiling the thorn EOS_Omni with an intel compiler and mpich2.
>> If I use an externally installed hdf5, then the compilation chokes with the error:
>> Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90(5): error #7002: Error in opening the compiled module file.  Check INCLUDE paths.   [HDF5]
>>   use hdf5
>> ------^
> Either your externally installed hdf5 library wasn't compiled to enable
> fortran or its path wasn't properly set in your config file. In my
> system this module is at:
>
> /opt/hdf5-1.8.5/include
>
> so I set in my config file the following (if I don't want to build the
> library):
>
> HDF5=yes
> HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
>

>> If I let hdf5 be built internally, then the compilation goes almost to the end, and quits with the errors:
>> /Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/lib/libthorn_EOS_Omni.a(readtable.F90.o): In function `nuc_eos_readtable_':
>> /home/babiuc/Cactus/configs/einsteintoolkit/build/EOS_Omni/nuc_eos/readtable.f90:(.text+0x32): undefined reference to `h5lib_mp_h5open_f_'
>> Do I need extra flags?
>>
> Did  you start with a clean config setting to build the hdf5 library?
> Like the following:
>
> #HDF5=yes
> #HDF5_DIR=/opt/hdf5-1.8.5
> HDF5_DIR=BUILD
>
> If you don't set it to BUILD and your external library is installed in
> the usual paths such as /usr/local, etc... then it won't build your
> library. So it is important that you force it to build by setting
> HDF5_DIR=BUILD and start from a clean config.
>
> I hope it helps a bit.

As Bruno's example shows, you should omit the HDF5=yes option. This
may pick up a different version of the HDF5 library which has no
Fortran support.

If this does not help, can you then post the output of "make
einsteintoolkit SILENT=no" somewhere, e.g. into a bug report? There
will likely be a lot of output, but it would help us determine whether
the linker is looking for the right HDF5 library.

Erik Schnetter <schnetter at cct.lsu.edu>   http://www.cct.lsu.edu/~eschnett/