[Users] numrel/simfactory SVN commit 1296: /branches/PYSIM_2010/mdb/optionlists/

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Mar 16 15:48:51 CDT 2011

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 08:08:34PM +0100, Ian Hinder wrote:
> An alternative would be to introduce two additional thorns, HDF5Fortran and HDF5CPP, which are each responsible for adding the appropriate libraries to HDF5_LIBS.  I don't like this solution though.

I don't think we need to go that far. As far as I know the only tool
using the c++ interface is the visit reader, and Christian agreed to
rewrite it to use the C interface instead - and more related to Cactus
itself EOS_Omni table reader, which uses the Fortran interface. I
changed a similar routine in another code from using fortran to C, and
someone (Roland?) already did that once for EOS_Omni.

So, all we should really have to do is to make those two transitions,
test that they work, and remove the fortran and c++ interfaces again
from the HDF5 thorn.

Frank