[Users] Illinois Contribution to ET: Staggered Prolongation/Restriction

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Mon Apr 2 21:47:56 CDT 2012

Dear Illinois group,

> Our branch of Carpet, which includes the prolongation/restriction
> operators we developed for staggered gridfunctions, has been made
> publicly available.

Congratulation to this step!

> Though we do not intend to merge these changes into the Carpet
> mainline, you are more than welcome to do so.

While I would welcome if _you_ would merge them because obviously you
know best what actually went into these changes, I can understand that
this means work, or in other words time. It is difficult for us,
however, to judge whether it is worth that time, because it is difficult
to know which changes actually went into the new branch when only
looking at the tar-ball.

In order to be able to judge about that we would need to know which
version of Carpet was used for this branch, or ideally we could need the
changes as 'patch' against a known version. Do you have this
information?

Would you be able to help with a possible merge, in case of questions
and would you consider maintaining that new portion afterwards? Are you
interested in 'officially' joining the Einstein Toolkit [1]?

Thank you, Frank Loeffler

[1] http://einsteintoolkit.org/about/members/