[Users] Illinois Contribution to ET: Staggered Prolongation/Restriction

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 15:07:56 CDT 2012

Dear Frank,

Thank you for your email. We are happy to continue sharing our new
algorithms and ideas with the ET community whenever possible. But we are
only funded to work on applications outlined in our research grants, and we
are obliged to devote all our time and resources to this effort.

Given how strong and widespread the ET community has become, we absolutely
cannot discount the possibility of joining ET in a more formal way in the
future. However, we currently lack the manpower that would be required to
complete our funded objectives and at the same time merge, maintain, and
support the software we recently released publicly.

We hope you understand our difficult situation.

Sincerely,

The Illinois relativity group

P.S.

Regarding our current contribution, here is where the relevant
modifications are located (in CarpetLib/src):
restrict_3d_stagger???.cc
prolongate_3d_stagger???.cc
Mathematica_Scripts_used_to_**generate_staggered_interp_**stencils/*
operator_prototypes.hh
operators.hh