[Users] Simfactory (Maxwell) issue on Lonestar

P. Ajith ajith_p at ligo.caltech.edu
Fri Apr 13 02:43:06 CDT 2012

Hello!

I am trying to run the Tutorial for New Users (https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Tutorial_for_New_Users
) on Lonestar (this is the first time I am using the machine). My job
fails with the following error (in the .out) file:

Simulation name: static_tov_8
Running simulation static_tov_8
Preparing:
Checking:
/scratch/01489/pajith/simulations/static_tov_8/output-0000-active
c324-310.ls4.tacc.utexas.edu
Fri Apr 13 01:46:47 CDT 2012
Environment:
Starting:
TACC: Starting up job 541416
TACC: Setting up parallel environment for OpenMPI mpirun.
TACC: Setup complete. Running job script.
TACC: starting parallel tasks...
TACC: Could not determine MPI stack. Exiting!

These are the modules that are loaded:

login2$ module list
Currently Loaded Modules:
   1) TACC-paths  2) Linux  3) cluster-paths  4) intel/11.1  5) gzip/
1.3.12  6) tar/1.22  7) cluster  8) TACC  9) openmpi/1.4.3

And my defs.local.ini file looks like this:

# Defaults for all machines
[default]
user            = pajith
email           = ajith_p at ligo.caltech.edu
allocation      = TG-MCA02N014
thornlist       = manifest/einsteintoolkit.th

[lonestar]
user            = pajith
email           = ajith_p at ligo.caltech.edu
allocation      = TG-MCA02N014
sourcebasedir   = /work/01489/@USER@
basedir         = /scratch/01489/@USER@/simulations
envsetup        = module purge && source /etc/profile.d/
tacc_modules.sh && module load TACC && module swap mvapich2 openmpi

The extra bits were added to the envsetup (following the advice of
Roland Haas) because by default the system was loading the mvapich2
module and *earlier* my jobs were failing with the following error:

Error: You can only have one MPI module loaded at time.
You already have mvapich2 loaded.
To correct the situation, please enter the following command:

       module swap mvapich2 openmpi/1.4.3

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Thanks a lot!
Ajith

PS: Sorry for spamming you all. I am not sure if this mailing list is
the appropriate place to bring this issue. I tried to submit a bug
report at https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/. But my ticket was
rejected as Trac suspected it as spam!

--
P. Ajith, LIGO Laboratory and Theoretical Astrophysics
California Institute of Technology, MS 100-36, Pasadena, CA 91125, USA.

What is your impact? http://www.nature.org/initiatives/climatechange/calculator