[Users] Meeting minutes

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 6 10:36:51 CST 2012

Hello all,

present were: Frank, Roland, Bruno, Tanja, Yosef, Josh, Peter,
Christian, Christine Corbett Moran

Spring workshop in Atlanta:
* schedule at https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Schedule_Proposal
* hours: have to end at 5:30 sharp
* shorten lunch hour by 30min, since we are in the same building as the food
* distance from hotel: 5min walking
* topics for invited talks are not yet fixed
* announce soon so that people can take it into account when planning
travel. APS and topical group mailing lists, hyperspace, prepare and
send around 1 page flyer
* there is a suggestion to turn any leftover invited talks into
hands-on-sessions

Elliptic solver:
* Christine Corbett Moran is interested in an elliptic solver for
solving a Poisson type equation
* willing to spearhead effort
* time estimate to make work (for general solver): >= 1/2 year
* interest in general community: for initial data in GR, interest in CFD
community
* see discussion at last workshop:
https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Generic_elliptic_solver