[Users] "signbit" not defined during compilation of ETK on XSEDE:Kraken?

Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Mon Feb 6 21:53:34 CST 2012

Hi all.

I recently checked out ETK Maxwell on the machine XSEDE machine Kraken,
and am having trouble compiling and running a simple test case. The
problem is with LSUThorns/Vectors/src/test.cc, where the "signbit"
function is (apparently) undefined. No doubt the problem recurs with later
source files, but I can't get past this one without abandoning Vectors and
hence all of Carpet.

Now I can compile a "hello world" program in C invoking signbit.cc without
a problem, as long as I include <math.h>, so presumably the ETK process is
looking in the wrong location for this library or its headers.

Since Kraken is a "known" machine in ETK's simfactory, and lots of
Numerical Relativity groups must have used it during the recently expired
"NR-AR" allocation, I assume the problem's at my end. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Bernard

Some details:

(1) I initially used the simfactory "build" mechanism, but I have this
problem with a straightforward Cactus "make" as well.

(2) Here's a list of my loaded modules on Kraken. I'm using the PGI
compilers (item 18 below):

1) modules/3.1.6.5
2) torque/2.4.14
3) moab/5.4.3.s16991
4) /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/default/modulefiles/xtpe-istanbul
5) tgusage/3.0-r2
6) altd/1.0
7) DefApps
8) xtpe-target-cnl
9) xt-service/2.2.74
 10) xt-os/2.2.74
 11) xt-boot/2.2.74
 12) xt-lustre-ss/2.2.74_1.6.5
 13) cray/job/1.5.5-0.1_2.0202.21413.56.7
 14) cray/csa/3.0.0-1_2.0202.21426.77.7
 15) cray/account/1.0.0-2.0202.19482.49.18
 16) cray/projdb/1.0.0-1.0202.19483.52.1
 17) Base-opts/2.2.74
 18) pgi/11.4.0
 19) xt-libsci/10.5.02
 20) pmi/2.1.4-1.0000.8596.15.1.ss
 21) xt-mpt/5.2.3
 22) xt-pe/2.2.74
 23) xt-asyncpe/4.9
 24) PrgEnv-pgi/2.2.74
 25) cray/MySQL/5.0.64-1.0202.2899.21.1
 26) git/1.7.4.2
 27) python/2.6.4
 28) mercurial/1.6.4
 29) subversion/1.6.9
 30) hdf5-parallel/1.6.10

Bernard Kelly -- CRESST Research Associate, NASA/GSFC

Phone: +1 (301) 286-7243
E-Mail: bernard.j.kelly at nasa.gov
Web:
http://science.gsfc.nasa.gov/sed/index.cfm?fuseAction=people.jumpBio&iphone