[Users] "signbit" not defined during compilation of ETK on XSEDE:Kraken?

Barry Wardell barry.wardell at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 13:53:28 CST 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 6:59 PM, Ian Hinder <ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de> wrote:

> Are you compiling using SimFactory's optionlist?  If you use "sim build",
> as you mentioned, then it will by default pick up kraken-intel.cfg and will
> use the Intel compiler.
>
> The build should not depend on the modules you have loaded, as SimFactory
> sets all the variables etc. itself.  When you tried the Cactus make
> mechanism, what optionlist were you giving it?  Cactus auto-detection is
> unlikely to work out of the box for the entire ET.
>
> Building using SimFactory was definitely working on Kraken when Maxwell
> was released (the release test status results are still available at
> http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/parse_testsuite_results.php -
> note that these are not run regularly, only around the time of a release).

I was able to build on Kraken today using SimFactory with the Maxwell
release. I didn't encounter any problems with either Vectors or Carpet. All
I did was get the Maxwell release, add my defs.local.ini to SimFactory and
run 'sim build'.

Are you sure you're using a clean checkout of the release? Could there be
some local changes causing problems?

As Ian says, it shouldn't matter but FWIW my loaded modules are:
Currently Loaded Modulefiles:
  1) modules/3.1.6.5
  2) torque/2.4.14
  3) moab/5.4.3.s16991
  4) /opt/cray/xt-asyncpe/default/modulefiles/xtpe-istanbul
  5) tgusage/3.0-r2
  6) altd/1.0
  7) DefApps
  8) xtpe-target-cnl
  9) xt-service/2.2.74
 10) xt-os/2.2.74
 11) xt-boot/2.2.74
 12) xt-lustre-ss/2.2.74_1.6.5
 13) cray/job/1.5.5-0.1_2.0202.21413.56.7
 14) cray/csa/3.0.0-1_2.0202.21426.77.7
 15) cray/account/1.0.0-2.0202.19482.49.18
 16) cray/projdb/1.0.0-1.0202.19483.52.1
 17) Base-opts/2.2.74
 18) pgi/11.4.0
 19) xt-libsci/10.5.02