[Users] "signbit" not defined during compilation of ETK on XSEDE:Kraken?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Feb 7 12:59:55 CST 2012

On 7 Feb 2012, at 17:44, Erik Schnetter wrote:

> Bernard
>
> The PGI compiler is often picky about what C++/OpenMP constructs it
> accepts. Do you want to try the Intel compiler instead? I've been
> using it successfully on Kraken.

Hi Bernard,

Are you compiling using SimFactory's optionlist?  If you use "sim build", as you mentioned, then it will by default pick up kraken-intel.cfg and will use the Intel compiler.

The build should not depend on the modules you have loaded, as SimFactory sets all the variables etc. itself.  When you tried the Cactus make mechanism, what optionlist were you giving it?  Cactus auto-detection is unlikely to work out of the box for the entire ET.

Building using SimFactory was definitely working on Kraken when Maxwell was released (the release test status results are still available at http://einsteintoolkit.org/release-info/parse_testsuite_results.php - note that these are not run regularly, only around the time of a release).

My previous email about the Kraken software upgrade was wrong - they have postponed the upgrade.  However, I have not compiled on Kraken for a while, so it may be that something else changed there.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder