[Users] Meeting Minutes: 13. Feb 2012

Tanja Bode tanja.bode at physics.gatech.edu
Mon Feb 13 10:54:18 CST 2012

Present were: Peter, Erik, Ian, Elo, Josh, Yosef, Carl Rodriguez

Spring Workshop in Atlanta:

* Volunteers for Lectures (Josh, Bruno, Roland, Tanja, Frank, ...) please
  attach your name to sessions within the schedule [1], establishing what you
  *could* do, not just what you want to do.  We will mete out final session
  assignments accordingly.
  [1] https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Schedule_Proposal

* Workshop Flyer suggestions (Am I missing some?)
  * Colorscheme should be ET colors
  * Should include ET logo
  * Font is too heavy, should be more inviting
  * Possible images to entice attendee interest
  * Text should be more enticing, not just bullet points
  * QR code for website URL link
  * Background grid interferes with readability
  * Some details (i.e. Hotel name/price, registration details) not necessary
    at the flyer level.

* Laptop Requirement: Ian expressed reservations concerning the requirement
  to bring your own laptop.  Possible options are hosting sessions in a computer
  lab or laptop loans from some source (GT? NSF?).

Cheers,
Tanja

--
Dr. Tanja Bode, PhD