[Users] changing CarpetRegrid2 parameters for ETK Maxwell + mercurial Carpet?

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Feb 14 09:23:25 CST 2012

On 14 Feb 2012, at 16:16, Kelly, Bernard J. (GSFC-660.0)[UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND BALTIMORE COUNTY] wrote:

> I applied it as a PBS flag at the top of my script. Beforehand I had "#PBS -j oe" for tying together the STDERR and STDOUT. This time, I did "#PBS -j roe", and PBS refused to submit, saying it didn't recognise the syntax: "qsub: illegal -j value".
>
> Perhaps I could have put it in the mpiexec line itself? I haven't experimented with this ... Here's what my normal mpiexec line looks like:
>
> mpiexec -np 64 bin/cactus_hahndol parfiles_Cactus/X2_DU_d10.0_1o96.par | tee X2_DU_d10_1o96.log

-r is a Cactus command-line argument.  You want to do

mpiexec -np 64 bin/cactus_hahndol -roe parfiles_Cactus/X2_DU_d10.0_1o96.par | tee X2_DU_d10_1o96.log

This will "r"edirect standard "o"utput and standard "e"rror to files in the Cactus output directory CCTK_ProcN.{out,err} from processes other than process 0.