[Users] Error to write PittNull during checkpointing

Bela Szilagyi bela at caltech.edu
Tue Jul 31 13:49:40 CDT 2012

Yosef,

I have made several attempts to commit the changes, over the course of
the past couple of months. Somehow every time I figure out how to
re-download the code from the latest incarnation of the repository, I
figure I no longer have write access or no longer know my password or
some combination of the above. This simply because I am not an active
Cactus user.

I had asked Roland to just push these changes as they are essential
for the correctness of the code.  If you rely on me finding the time
to figure out how to (re-)gain checking access to these thorns, this
will delay the application of the patches by further months.

The start-up related change could be logged as

Improve the start-up algorithm of the characteristic marching scheme
from the inner boundary towards scri+.

All other changes are related to either improving IO (will correctly
truncate/create diagnostic files) or allowing for flexible tuning of
IO between checkpoints/restarts (by changing the parameters into
steerable ones).

I'd like to ask that someone with working write access to the
arrangement apply the patches.

Bela.