[Users] Fink

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Tue Oct 9 12:01:24 CDT 2012

Hi,

There is an optionlist in SimFactory for people using Fink on Mac OS to install their external libraries and compilers.  I was maintaining this, but I have now switched to MacPorts instead of Fink, and this optionlist is without a maintainer.  It currently does not work, due to an unknown problem with gcc (Undefined symbols:  "___emutls_get_address" at link time).

Does anyone use this optionlist?

If the answer is yes, would that person be willing to maintain it?

If we don't find someone willing to look after it and fix the problem, I propose that the optionlist be deprecated in simfactory (moved to the OUTDATED directory), and that we recommend people to use MacPorts instead.

See https://trac.einsteintoolkit.org/ticket/946.

http://numrel.aei.mpg.de/people/hinder