[Users] set Einstein Tookit

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Tue Oct 9 18:09:38 CDT 2012

Hello Otacilio, Ian, all,

> There is another tutorial in development which can be used with your
> own machine, but it is currently described as incomplete.
>
> Roland: is the new tutorial ready for new users at the moment?
I wrote it by stripping down the .bash_history file of the user account
where I entered the commands. So it *should* work as it is. It assumes
that you start from a plain vanilla system hence the apt-get commands at
the top. If you already have a C, C++ and fortran compiler as well
git,svn set up then you should also be able to use it. I do not know if
the fedora.cfg file will work or not. I only tested the Debian and Mint
instructions (the later might also work for Ubuntu). The tutorial is for
the release version (Lovelace from May 2012).

The URL is:

https://docs.einsteintoolkit.org/et-docs/Simplified_Tutorial_for_New_Users

it's a wiki page and accepts anonymous edits (you do not need an
account) so please feel free to edit the page if there are still mistakes.