[Users] VisIt HDF5 AMR Vectors and Streamline Rendering

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Feb 14 11:17:55 CST 2013

Hello all,

> This runs significantly more quickly on the first timestep in the data. But
> when we try to advance to the next time step in the database correlations,
> we get this error:
> ERROR: Vector: ()
>
> viewer: The databases cannot be compared because they have a different
> number of domains.
Would you mind showing you complete line for conn_cmfe, please? You will
likely need to use the "[0]id" sub-string as such:

conn_cmfe(</home/projects/By.h5[0]id:MHD_EVOLVE--By>, <Carpet AMR-grid>)

See page 294 of the VisIt docs at

https://wci.llnl.gov/codes/visit/1.5/VisItUsersManual1.5.pdf

for an explanation on what that does.