[Users] UIUC's GRMHD Primitives (Recovery) Solver

Christian D. Ott cott at tapir.caltech.edu
Tue Feb 19 17:27:02 CST 2013

Dear Zach,

sorry for the later reply -- we've all been very busy in the last few weeks.

Thank you for your email and sending us your con2prim code. We are very
happy to see you making code available as open source! Thank you very
much -- this is an important service to the broader community.

Making your code part of the Einstein Toolkit would be fantastic, but
would require a bit more help from your side -- just sending us code, is
unfortunately, not directly useful to the development of the toolkit.
Since our funding is very limited (our recent renewal ET grant was cut
by 50%; contributors in the EU and Canada don't have any funding for ET
at all), most of us spend our spare time to improve the toolkit by
actively maintaining it and integrating new code into the toolkit and
providing documentation for using the toolkit.

On http://einsteintoolkit.org/documentation/contribute/
we discuss how to contribute to the toolkit.

We would be very happy to have you and the rest of the UIUC group be
part of the ET development and maintenance team. If you are interested
in contributing to our ET work, please join our weekly telecons, which
take place on Monday (8am PST/11am EST). We would also be happy to
provide you with svn/git access to directly commit new code and carry
out maintenance tasks.

Best wishes,

  - Christian Ott