[Users] Piraha in the Flesh

Jian Tao jtao at cct.lsu.edu
Fri Feb 22 10:36:07 CST 2013

The call back functions just provide a way to customize the handling
of warn and info output. Since all the registered handlers are iterated,
a new handler doesn't replace the old handler.

Some changes are necessary to change the default behaviour for failed
test runs. As for comparing the output files, it is currently done with
a perl script basically doing a diff. I would again suggest that we
move to HDF5. Also some performance test would be also good in line
with success/fail test.

Recently I started looking into a project called Codespeed.
A sample usage can be found at
http://speed.pypy.org/timeline/
We might want learn something from it.

Regards,