[Users] Talks in svn repo???

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Apr 23 13:55:15 CDT 2014

Hi

On Wed, Apr 23, 2014 at 11:21:36AM +0200, Erik Schnetter wrote:
> I like having a checkout of the svn repo for the ET web site on my
> laptop; this allows me to keep everything in sync when I make changes.

Same here.

> I just discovered that there are now recorded talks in this
> repository. This is a non-starter for me; downloading the talks via a
> slow wireless connection won't work for me.

You said you have it already on your laptop. These files are old. An
update shouldn't trigger any bandwidth usage, assuming the last update
was within the last few months. At some point of course everybody needs
to get these files and you might not have a broad band connection right
then, I understand the pain.

> Please keep large files that are unlikely to change in a different
> repo from small files that are frequently edited.

The argument against that would be disk space, not so much bandwidth.
Currently we talk about 180MB, about half of the size of the repository.
We could setup something different for the plain recordings though.
Thanks for opening a ticket so that we don't forget.

Frank