[Users] Minutes from ET call August 18.

Zach Etienne zachetie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 18 11:17:38 CDT 2014

Hi all,

As promised, I attach the TOV parfile (and Stampede job submission script)
for the TOV test to this email. By default, the parfile sets
GRHydro::riemann_solver = "Marquina"

but you can change this to HLLE by simply replacing "Marquina" with "HLLE".

Bruno G. and I have found that GRHydro and Whisky results are consistent
with the Marquina solver. However, with WhiskyMHD, HLLE yields L2-norm
Hamiltonian constraint violations that are roughly 50% lower than Marquina,
but the improvement is much less with GRHydro.

-Zach

Zachariah Etienne
Assistant Professor of Mathematics
West Virginia University