[Users] simfactory

Frank Loeffler knarf at cct.lsu.edu
Wed Feb 5 11:04:56 CST 2014

On Wed, Feb 05, 2014 at 05:47:10PM +0100, Vassilios Mewes wrote:
> what do you mean by writing different segments in the same directory? I
> thought i was creating a new simulation for every run I do and then simply
> changing the output directory to a data directory in the Simulations folder
> where the respective simulation resides...is that the wrong way of thinking
> about it?

You don't create a new simulation, you restart an existing one. This is
automatically done when you (again, or multiple times) submit an
existing simulation. The output directory of the first will be
output-0000, the one of the next will be output-0001 within the same
simlation directory. Simfactory takes care of this (by actually starting
the simulation within these directories, not by changing the par file),
as well as of setting the simulation dependencies in the queue.

Frank