[Users] Meeting Minutes for 2015-02-09

Matthew Turk matthewturk at gmail.com
Mon Feb 9 10:15:24 CST 2015

Hi all,

On Mon, Feb 9, 2015 at 10:11 AM, Roland Haas
<roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu> wrote:
> Present: Roland, Ian, Frank, Matt, Peter, Erik, Steve
>
> Changing user guide:
> * agree to change
> * point to recommedantion for Fortran modules
>
> McLachlan rewrite branch:
> * no progress to report
>
> Reading Carpet data into yt:
> * current state is as of Enzo/yt workshop
> * needs to parse/obtain metadata from Carpet files
> * two projects existed: by Frank/Steve integrated into yt, by Sherwood
> Richers which was more stand alone
> * interest by multiple groups to do volume renderings
> * Frank to try and find he current code and put it into some sort of
> public repository

Oh, rats, I didn't know this was on the agenda or I'd have called in.
Please do let me know what I can do to help out.  The last time I
looked at the code I'd written, it was parsing many but not all cases
of the datasets correctly; IIRC, Steve and Frank had it mostly working
with some issues at coincident processor/level boundaries?  I confess
I don't know where Sherwood's project was left.

What would be the best thing for me to try to do to support the efforts?