[Users] Cactus build on local HPC

Roland Haas roland.haas at physics.gatech.edu
Thu Jan 22 10:33:42 CST 2015

Dear Geraint,

> I've attached a copy of the error message. Does anyone have any insight
> into this? If you need to see any particular files (e.g. .ini or .cfg
> files) then just let me know which ones (including directory would be
> helpful!) and I'll post back asap.
>
> Thanks in advance! Your time taken is very much appreciated!
All of the functions it complains about seem to be defined in
POSIX.1-2001. Can you check if the system you compile on provides them
in a simple test code, something as simple as:

#include <string.h>
int main(void) {
  char *s = strdup("A");
  char *saveptr;
  char *tok = strtok_r(s, ",", &saveptr);
  return 0;
}

Otherwise, yes the .cfg file would be very helpful along with the output
from Cactus' configure phase which you can find in

/mnt/pact/gp234/NR/Cactus/configs/apollo-login.cm.cluster.ini/config-data/config.log

Finally you can also just remove the PAPI thorn altogether from the
thorn list since it is not essential to Cactus.