[Users] build error at end

Comer Duncan comer.duncan at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 13:07:37 CDT 2015

Hi Ian,

The cfg file I use _is_ the same as the stock osx_macports.cfg. Now however
I have, after Steve's suggestion, replaced "MPI_DIR=/opt/local" with
"MPI_DIR="    (ie nothing) and tried to build with that. If this assignment
needs to be something else, I need for the developers to confirm that. So,
I have already tried the stock optionlist with a crash as the result.  I
sent to query about replacing detect.pl with the version which puts mpiCC
last, as that was what I used when I was using the dev version. I am using
Hilbert now, since using the dev version resulted in a problem due to it
being the case that one day a few weeks ago a change in the dev version
resulted in the build crashing.  Sticking with Hilbert is what I will do.
So my question was can I go ahead and replace the Hilbert detect.pl with
the dev version of detect.pl. While I think this is likely ok, I want to
proceed carefully.

I am also looking at the compatibility issue among the various components
mpicc, mpixx, openmpi, and hdf5. I am using the patched flavor of hdf5. A
while back you thought that the patched version of hdf5 was ok to use, so
that is what I am doing (ie the hdf5 is HDF5_DIR  = /opt/local).

The problem I was having was that some updates to macports resulted in
inadvertently inducing inconsistencies/incompatibilities dooming the
builds. Very frustrating. I have not done a macports update in at least two
weeks and have checked the versions of the compiled mpicc, mpixx, openmpi
and hdf5 and so far see no problems....I obviously must be missing
something if compatibility is the problem.  And I will not do a macports
update until I can be sure of its effects on the ET builds on my mac
running Yosemite.

Please have patience. Believe me, I want to get to the use of Eloisa's
CT_Multilevel thorn as soon as possible!

Comer