[Users] Reformatting Carpet's source code

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jul 8 17:15:50 CDT 2015

Hello all,

> Anyway -- we should easily be able to all use the same version of
> clang-format.
Easily: Weeellll maybe.

On my workstation using Debian (testing) the only version that I can
easily use are: 3.4 and 3.5 . On my OSX laptop Homebrew installs a
version that identifies as 3.7 (no other version provided it seems, at
least brew search clang-format only finds the one formula). One should
be able to compile clang-format from scratch, I have never done so though.

I'd normally suggest to try this (now since it is at the beginning of a
release lifetime) and see how well we fare. However I don't know how one
would "undo" the use of automatic formatting of the repository during
the testing stage if we end up not liking the results.