[Users] Kranc and xAct

Ian Hinder ian.hinder at aei.mpg.de
Wed Jul 22 10:26:24 CDT 2015

On 22 Jul 2015, at 16:04, Comer Duncan <comer.duncan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Do Kranc and xAct play well together?  Just curious since sometimes I do things in xAct and then may want to do the same in Kranc and it would be nice if I could just say import xAct and the work done in it to a developing Kranc script.  Of course, there are several pieces of xAct, so maybe my question is not formulated precisely enough, but what do you think?

Hi,

There is experimental support in Kranc for using xAct as an input language.  However, it is not well-tested, and might be missing important functionality.  This was added by Barry Wardell some time ago.  In the past, I have converted xAct expressions into the format expected by Kranc using some simple replacement rules.  Let me know if you would like an example.  Barry might be able to provide more details of the xAct support in Kranc; I'm not sure of the current status.

http://members.aei.mpg.de/ianhin