[Users] More Bizarre Scheduling Behavior in a Carpet Run (Bug?!)

Roland Haas rhaas at aei.mpg.de
Tue Jun 2 12:46:18 CDT 2015

Hello all,

> If you are scheduling everything in GLOBAL (which is the same as
> GLOBAL-LATE in ANALYSIS) then your OUTPUT will be incorrect since OUTPUT
> is happening in LEVEL mode thus refinement level 3 is output before the
> GLOBAL routine (which runs along with level 0) is executed.
Oha, obvious not the right statement. GLOBAL-LATE will happen last but
this happens to be the highest refinement level. Still the effect is the
same OUTPUT happens before GLOBAL-LATE for all but one refinement level
(that refinement level being the finest one).

This can be seen in Carpet's Evolve.cc file in the CallAnalysis routine.